Friday 1 October 2010

Pinhole Camera



To create my pinhole camera I started by choosing a small chocolate box. I then picked the side that I wanted my hole to be and cut it out. I painted the box inside with a black paint because black colour does not reflect any other colours. While I was waiting for the box to dry I cut out a peace of aluminium foil to put it over the hole, then I gaffa taped the foil over the hole. I had to make a small hole the size of a pin hole. After that I made a flap out of a cardboard to put over the hole so it was protected from light. Then I had to measure the length from the hole to the opposite side of the box to find the exposure time. The length of the box was 105 mm and I divided it by 0.8 to get the exposure time of taking the photographs inside 4:00 mins & 40:00sec. When I finished creating my pinhole camera I had to go into the dark room which has a red light, this is so light sensitive film and paper is not ruined.  I cut out small piece of paper of photographic paper and put it inside. Then I gaffa taped the top of the box to make sure that when I went outside no light could get into the box .After I went out of the dark room and I went outside to take my photographs, I set my pinhole camera outside the college took the flap off and left it open for 40 seconds to let the daylight expose the photographic paper. Then I had to put the flap back on the hole so the picture is not over exposed. When I went back to the dark room to develop my photographs, I had to take the photographic paper out of my box and put in developer for 30 sec then to the water for 10 sec and fixer for 30 sec, take the photo out and go outside to the other classroom to see how the photo come out. If I liked the way the photo has developed I had to put it back in the fixer for 5:00 mins, while I was waiting for the photo to develop, I cut out another piece of photographic paper to put in my box. When the picture was ready I took it out at put it through the drying dryer to dry it then took it out and the photograph was done.In order to get my pictures I had to scan them. There’s two way of scanning, the first way of scanning is by using the flat bed scanner the second way of scanning is by photocopier.To photocopy my pictures I had to sign in with my student card put the photo in, click on send then click send to myself because this will send pictures to my college email, change the file format to JPEG, press green button on the dash board.





No comments:

Post a Comment